The third post from me will be a review (again), this time, i’m reviewing one blog, which is creativegeneralist.org . at first, i cannot understand what this blog for, well actually i don’t know what generalist mean, so i just guessing from its homepage as shown below
In the homepage, there is somehow like a slideshow that gives a good words, and i finally realize that in the slideshow is one of a million keys to be creative. the first slide is Wander & Wonder – Finding possibility, it means to entertain curiosity and ask unasked questions, it is the overview of the blog. the second slide is Synthesize & Summarize presenting information, which means connect the dots and present complex info succinctly, or it can be inspiration to be the creative one. in the blog, inspiration could be from news from other blogs, and for vacation, there are some references adding to vacation. next is the third slide which is the blog, it is Link & Leap Generating ideas, to take a simple insight and find a transcending application. the fourth is Mix & Match, that the blog is connecting people by making words collide and harness collaborative energies. finally, the last one is the profile about this blog, Experience & Empathize – understanding worldview, by understanding humanity and life’s many interrelationship.
In other words, this blog is an outpost for curious divergent thinkers who appreciate diversity, broad thinking, widely inspired ideas, and addressing issues globally. inside the blog, there are a community for generalist. they said
“This community’s goal is simply to define what it is to be a creative generalist and build a directory of sorts for those who specialize in everything.
Generalists, you’re not alone. And you really should meet each other. Welcome.”
The capture of the community of generalist is as shown above,
That’s all from me about this creative generalist, hope you enjoy reading it. annyeong! 🙂
hello again! 안녕하세요 여러분!
This time, i’m gonna review an article that talks about big ideas, trends and prediction in 2012, well today is 2013, but that’s ok, we will see that their predictions is right or wrong, considering that we all have through 2012. nice, wasn’t it? kekeke
Well, in the article, they mention 30 big ideas, trends, and prediction, which are :
1. Gesture – recognition technology
2. No boundaries
4. Proximity – based social network
5. Public – private partnership
6. Business roll-ups
7. Strategic Technology consulting
8. Local and mobile search
9. Social Media for Hiring
10. Outsourcing IT function
11. Personalized business software
12. Increased franchising
13. Reputation reviews for business services
14. The deals space will continue to expand
15. Mobile learning
16. Group incentivization
17. Chinese companies will become a force in global market
18. understanding chatter
19. More ad measurement
20. Expense management in mobile application
21. “bolt-on” acquisitions
22. Navigate the web use voice command
23. Consumer products and technology
24. Innovative workspace service
25. friction-free mobile-device management
26. customized enterprise application stores
27. Disintegration of channel
28. Cloud-based documents and information resources
29. Digital Coupon Book
30. the small businesses that do not currently have a website will be able to get online
In my opinion, there are some predictions true and some is just not right. The predictions that actually happened in 2012 are :
1. number 1 prediction which are gesture recognition which is in Xbox, recognition first came with voice, and now in advance with gesture, like in “http://blog.laptopmag.com/video-pointgrab-brings-gesture-recognition-to-fujitsu-laptops-more-to-come” said that :
Microsoft’s Kinect for Xbox has the world excited about gesture recognition, but PointGrab says you don’t need a pricey 3D camera to interact with your PC Minority Report-style. The company’s software works with today’s notebook webcams to turn your hand into a multimedia remote. As you’ll see in the video demo below, just waving your hand launches the media player interface, and you can do things like pause or fast forward just by holding your mitt over the appropriate button. Raising and lowering the volume is as simple as rotating your hand clockwise or counterclockwise.
All of this is pretty slick, but why not just use the PC itself to do all this stuff? PointGrab envisions more and more people hooking their laptops up to larger monitors and HDTVs, which would make its technology a lot more practical. Fujitsu is the first notebook maker to license this software for its Japan-only Esprimo NH and LifeBook NH/AH series, but PointGrab says its technology will make its way stateside through another partnership by the end of the year.
2. second prediction that true is Cloud-based document and information resources. This is really happenning in 2012, for example, dropbox or google drive. for dropbox, i have my own experience in using dropbox, my lecture use it for my final project, and it makes us easy to share documents to each others.
3. Proximity-based social network. nowadays, talk to stranger is not strange anymore because in some applications in smartphone, there are some applications that allow us to talk with stranger, if we ask something than it will answer us with a good answer, but we don’t know who we talk to, seems a bit stress but this is the reality.
4. Social media for hiring -.the significant example is linkdln
Fourth examples above are things that really happened in 2012, and there is a prediction that i doubt it happens in 2012, which is Navigate the web use voice command, i know today iPhone have siri but it is just for smartphone not for navigating a web.
that’s all for this post, sorry if something mistaken, that is just my opinion. thank you 🙂